Programs & Services

Note: As much as possible, you have your choice of Supports Coordinating Agencies and your choice of supports coordinators within each agency – just ask!

ConsumerLink Network offers the following services and supports for adults and children with developmental disabilities:

  • Supports Coordination: A supports coordinator is a staff person who helps write an individual plan of service and makes sure the services are delivered.  His or her role is to listen to a person’s goals, and to help find the services and providers inside and outside the local community mental health services program that will help achieve the goals.  A supports coordinator may also connect a person to resources in the community for employment, community living, education, public benefits and recreational activities.

  • Person-Centered Planning:  The process used to design your individual plan of mental health supports, service or treatment.  Person-Centered Planning or PCP is your right which is protected by the Michigan Mental Health Code.  During person-centered planning you will be asked what are your hopes and dreams, and you will be helped to develop goals and outcomes you want to achieve.  You also have the right to Independent Facilitation of the planning process.  This means you may request that someone other than your supports coordinator or other agency staff conduct your planning meeting.

  • Respite Care Services: provide short-term relief to the unpaid primary caregivers of people eligible for specialty services.  Respite provides temporary alternative care, either in the family home, or in another community setting chosen by the family.  At ConsumerLink, your options for respite include combinations of any of the following: In-Home Respite; the Lahser Respite Center; and/or Therapeutic Camp.  
  • Community Living Options: For adults eligible for specialty services, ConsumerLink will assist the person and his/her family in obtaining living arrangements outside the family home if this goal is identified in the person- centered plan.  Community Living Options may include:

    • Licensed Specialized Adult Foster Care Homes (i.e. group homes)
    • Supported Housing - The ARC of the United States (1997) defines [Supported Housing] as: 

      Usually involves individuals living in homes or apartments of their own.  The person may live alone or choose to live with a roommate versus being placed with others.  [Supported Housing] often involves partnerships between individuals with disabilities, their families and professionals in making decisions about where and how the person wishes to live.  Focus is on giving the utmost attention to the desires of the person with a disability in how he or she would like to live, and to support the individual in having control over choices of lifestyle.  People in [supportive housing] may need little or no services from professionals, or they may need 24-hour personal care.  The kind and amount of supports are tailored to the individual’s needs.

  • Clinical Services include therapy or counseling designed to help improve functioning and relationships with other people.  Services may include: Individual Therapy; Group Therapy; Family Therapy; Psychological Assessment; and/or Psychiatric Evaluations and Medication Reviews.

  • Crisis Interventions are unscheduled individual or group services aimed at reducing or eliminating the impact of unexpected events on mental health and well-being.          
  • Inpatient Hospitalizations are hospital services used to stabilize a mental health condition in the event of significant change in symptoms, or in a mental health emergency.  ConsumerLink contracts with numerous local hospitals to provide this service.
  • Partial Hospitalization includes psychiatric, psychological, social, occupational, nursing, and other supports under a doctor’s supervision.  Partial hospital services are provided on weekdays – participants go home at night.  ConsumerLink contracts with the New Oakland/Face-to-Face agency in Livonia for this service.
  • Skill Building Assistance, Supported Employment and Microenterprise includes supports and training to help a person participate actively at work, volunteer, or community setting , or to learn social skills they may need to support themselves or to get around in the community.
  • Specialty Services:
      • Occupational Therapy (including Sensory Integration) – includes the evaluation by an Occupational Therapist of a person’s ability to do things in order to take care of themselves every day, and treatments to help increase these abilities.  In addition to meeting medically necessary criteria, a doctor’s prescription is required.
      • Physical Therapy – includes the evaluation by a Physical Therapist of a person’s physical abilities (such as the ways they move, use their arms or hands, or hold their body), and treatments to help improve physical abilities.  In addition to meeting medically necessary criteria, a doctor’s prescription is required.
      • Speech and Language Therapy – includes evaluation by a Speech Therapist of a person’s ability to use and understand language and communicate with others or to manage swallowing or related conditions, and treatments to enhance speech, communication or swallowing.  In addition to meeting medically necessary criteria, a doctor’s prescription is required.
      • Nursing/Health Services – include assessment, treatment, and professional monitoring of health conditions that are related or impacted by a person’s mental health condition. A person’s primary doctor will treat any other health condition they may have.

    …..and more